At IBC 2019, Softron has announced new hardware bundles which have now been divided into the S|Family (software-only) and the M|Family (software + hardware).
What's new in M|Replay 2.0.2?
- NEW: Added the ability to enable the "Direct Link" with any outputs. This can be useful if you want to use this with another Softron application running on the same Mac
- IMPROVED: The status of the outputs (position in the viewers and assigned input) is now restored when creating a new session or restoring an old one
- FIXED: When going to full screen, and reverting back the assigned inputs and outputs could have been lost
- FIXED: Some issues when sending wrong REST requests to the API (for example a marker with a in point nil)
What's new in M|Replay 2.0.1 ?
- IMPROVED: REST API to create markers and clips has been updated
- IMPROVED: Go to in and go to out keyboard shortcuts now depend on focus
- IMPROVED: Added tooltips
- IMPROVED: Fixed minor UI issues
- FIXED: Crash when using jog shuttle
What's new in M|Replay 2.0?
- User interface has been completely revamped. Viewers layout is now configurable, as MovieRecorder 4, viewers can have different sizes.
- Added support for the SKAARHOJ XC8 hardware controller.
The update is completely free of charge for our current 1.0 users, so enjoy!
Note that the "Live input" feature that we announced at IBC is not part of this version, it will be added for the 2.1 release.
What's new in M|Replay 1.2.1?
- Updated Stream Deck icons
What's new in M|Replay 1.2?
- NEW: Added support for StreamDeck
- NEW: Added the ability to modify the current Timecode. For this "Right-click" on the "Current Time" TC and select "Set user Timecode"
What's new in M|Replay 1.1.?
- NEW: Added compatibility with new M|Family devices (those using 4c and 8c cards)
- IMPROVED: Blackmagic-Design and Deltacast devices naming is better handled when multiple devices are connected
- IMPROVED: Behaviour when signal is disconnected with Blackmagic-Design devices
- FIXED: Added compatibility for dongles when running macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- FIXED: Issues with some newer Deltacast drivers
- FIXED: Issues when exporting clips cretaed with identical devices such as Mini Recorders (file names would then be identical)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This version requires updated drivers for your video device. Check the system requirements.
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
What's new in M|Replay 1.0.4?
- NEW: Send Clips, Markers and Playlist to Final Cut Pro X XML. Supports the new feature to "update events" in Final Cut Pro X 10.3, so when you add more clips or markers or modify your playlist, it will update the event instead of creating a new one. (Requires Final Cut Pro X version 10.3)
- NEW: REST API to create markers remotely from any browser
- NEW: Added the ability to select a different Apple ProRes codec for your recording session (used to be only Apple ProRes 422)
- NEW: Overlay in the Viewers when you are at the beginning or end of a session
- IMPROVED: You can now display more viewers on smaller screens
What's new in M|Replay 1.0.2?
- WARNING: Some keyboard shortcuts behaviours have been modified, depending on the "focus area".
- NEW: Added a keyboard shortcut in playlists to go to 5 seconds before the end of the current or previous clip. This is very useful if you want to check the chain between 2 clips, or the end of a clip. Check the Quick Start Guide for a list of keyboard shortcuts.
- IMPROVED: Long recording sessions now open quicker
- IMPROVED: Inputs and Outputs names must now be unique to avoid confusion
- IMPROVED: Working with full screen mode
- FIXED: A few keyboard shortcuts
- FIXED: Issues when leaving Clip names empty
Softron Media Services has released the first instant video replay solution on the Mac. M|Replay, that’s its name, can record multiple HD channels on one Mac, and instantly replay all channels synchronised to review the important moments. M|Replay is ideal either as a replay server for video production or for example as an adjudication system for referees.
Thanks to its intuitive user interface, the M|Replay application will allow you to instantly replay all the cameras at once to review important moments, and select one camera to view in full screen if needed; while still continuing to record all channels. You can add markers and create clips to be played back immediately or exported at a later time.
M|Replay can be controlled either on screen, with keyboard shortcuts, or with some dedicated hardware controllers, so all the controls are at the touch of a finger.