The SATIS 2015 takes place on 17-18-19 November 2015 in Paris - Porte de Versailles. We'll be on the Village YakYakYak.
What's new in MovieStreamer HLS 2.0.3 ?
- NEW: option to deinterlace or not
- IMPROVED: the H.264 hardware encoder available on some Mac (most Intel Core i5 or i7) can now again be used to lower CPU usage
What's new in MovieRecorder 3.3?
- NEW: Add metadata to your files. Either embedded in the QuickTime file, or as a sidecar file (Axle, CatDV or Cantemo).
- NEW: Record to MXF DNxHD.
- NEW: "Size to fit" option when selecting the number of Viewers. When enabled it behaves as before. When disabled, you can now use the lower right corner of the first viewer to manually set the size that you want it to have. Viewer are thus not automatically resized with the window.
- IMPROVED: Display more viewers at once on a smaller screen (up to 25)
- IMPROVED: When there are issues with remote recorders, the warnings and logs are now displayed.
- IMPROVED: Behaviour when AVC-Intra encoder was too slow.
- FIXED: GPI controls are now processed quicker, and allow to select "No GPI device".
- FIXED: Issue when writing .mov files to an ISIS Volume.
What's new for both OnTheAir Video Express and OnTheAir Video 3.3.1?
- NEW: modify the audio gain for clips
- NEW: control the playback from an ATEM mixer through an IP protocol (no GPI cabling needed anymore)
- NEW: skip to 5 seconds before the end of the clip shortcut (to just check how clips chain): cmd + alt + left or right arrows.
- IMPROVED: the "Revert to" older version of the playlist
- FIXED: some issues with the SD 16:9 resize modes
- FIXED: when replacing clip, attributes are now kept
What's new for OnTheAir Video only?
- NEW: create "Live inputs" (this will either be a real video card input or a direct link from OnTheAir Video or OnTheAir Node) and use those Live inputs as a video clip in your playlist. This greatly simplifies the workflow when you want to handle Live inputs.
- NEW: "Automatically use images as logos" preference. When enabled, if you have in the same folder a png image and a movie file that bear the same name, we will use the png image automatically for the logo of that movie. These png images are then not added to the playlist when doing a drag and drop.
- IMPROVED: Optimisations of the "Smart Resize and Graphics" engine for better performances on smaller computers
What's new in OnTheAir Manager 3.0.1?
- Added a button to delete schedules and a confirmation window before deleting the schedule.
- Fixed an issue when sending schedule to OnTheAir Node. This could take a long time as too many events were sent.
- Fixed an issue where the files in inspector would show as "Local Media Not Found".
- Fixed an issue when deleting clips in the Media Browser.
- Fixed an issue with the new version notifications that would not work in 10.8.
OnTheAir Live goes from version 1.2.14 to version 3.0. The reason for that version jump is that OnTheAir Live 1.3.5 still used QuickTime to preview and trim the clip in the inspector. This could be confusing as OnTheAir Live was not able to read some files that OnTheAir Node could, or the other way around. With version 3.0 we now use the same engine for the OnTheAir Live preview as OnTheAir Node 3 uses to playout files. So the files that can be read by both applications are identical. This is a major change in itself which then diserved a major version number change. By using a version 3 we also bring it in pair with OnTheAir Node which is also in version 3.
So there were a lot of changes, but most are "under the hood". But here is what's new for version 3.0 :
- Added the ability to scrub in the timeline of the playlist (hold the cmd key down and click - requires OnTheAir Node 3.3 or later)
- Fixed an issue with Keychain
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.3.1 ?
- Optimisation of the smart playout engine for better performances on smaller computers
- Added the possibility to modify the audio gain for each clip
- Added the ability to scrub (requires OnTheAir Live 3.0 or later)
- Plugin selection is now saved
- Added notifications when new version is available (users will be notified when the next version is released).
- Updated the plugin for OnTheAir CG 3 with improved connections
- Improved compatibility with El Capitan
- Fixed an issue with the status of the license when using dongles (would should up as DEMO)
- Fixed an issue of the Node remaining in the "Starting up..." status
- Fixed an issue with 16:9 aspect ratios in SD
- Fixed an issue with some codecs shown as "Unknown" in the description in OnTheAir Live or OnTheAir Manager (for example some XDCAM files)
What's new in 1.4.4?
- Added the ability to trigger Start/Stop logging with AppleScripts (and thus with GPICommander).
- Added the ability to enter a TC offset.
- Documents now save the previous position of the windows to restore it for the next document.
- Fixed an issue when sending to Final Cut Pro X.
- Added the "Live input" feature to be able to use a real video input (AJA, Blackmagic-Design, or M|family) and/or a direct link (from OnTheAir Node or OnTheAir Video) as a video item in a CG project.
- Added "Audio mixing" to support multiple sources of audio.
- RSS Tickers can now "publish" their url (can now be modified with the REST API)
- Still images and Videos can now "publish" their path (can now be modified with the REST API)
- Fixed a refresh issue when updating the variables with the REST API
OnTheAir Manager goes from version 1.3.5 to version 3.0. The reason for that version jump is that OnTheAir Manager 1.3.5 still used QuickTime to preview and trim the clip in the inspector. This could be confusing as OnTheAir Manager was not able to read some files that OnTheAir Node could, or the other way around. With version 3.0 we now use the same engine for the OnTheAir Manager preview as OnTheAir Node 3 uses to playout files. So the files that can be read by both applications are identical. This is a major change in itself which then diserved a major version number change. By using a version 3 we also bring it in pair with OnTheAir Node which is also in version 3.
So there were a lot of changes, but most are "under the hood". Below are the new features that can actually be seen :
- Added the ability to send more than a month to OnTheAir Node
- Update inspector UI
- EPG plugins have been updated to newer versions with a few fixes
- Fixed an issue with Keychain
The Future Store, one of our integrator for the Netherlands is showing the Softron solutions and the M|80 at the Amsterdam SuperMeet on Sunday, September 13th.
Read the article at www.produ.com
Watch the interview
(Daniel Tapie, CEO Softron, presents the new solutions for ingest and playout. Softron has many customers in Latin America. Sales is mainly done by their dealer 'Simplemente' in Mexico. Televisa and all the other big players already user our solutions for bot ingest and playout.)
Daniel Tapie de Softron: Presentamos nuevas soluciones para playout e ingesta para mercados de LatAm
jueves, 13 de agosto del 2015
(Vladimir Martínez). Softron Media Services presentó sus nuevas soluciones de playout e ingesta en los mercados de Latinoamérica y ya cuenta con desarrollos implementados entre grandes jugadores en la región, dijo a PRODU Daniel Tapie, CEO de la empresa.
“Presentamos mejoras al sóftwer MovieRecorder, que es nuestro producto bandera de video para Mac. Estamos introduciendo el paquete de códecs; muchas mejoras como el control remoto en el TPI. Estamos presentando el M44 por primera vez para Latinoamérica, que es una caja de entrada como para salida. Es una familia MDI para in y para out. Presentamos el M62, con seis entradas y dos salidas, estamos presentando por primera vez el DCG3, que es un generador de subtítulos, que está basado para una Mac Pro” mencionó.
Y añadió: “Nuevas mejoras en nuestro set de video en nuestros productos bandera de playout: estamos presentando los live clips, que es la habilidad para cambiar para en vivo y en estudio sin necesidad de un switcher. Lo cual es muy bueno para estaciones de TV web o convencionales muy pequeñas”.
El ejecutivo aseguró: “Tenemos muchos clientes en Latinoamérica. Tenemos a dealers como Simplemente en México. Televisa y grandes jugadores ya usan nuestras soluciones para hacer tanto ingesta como playout”.
From September 11th until the 15th, Softron will present its solution at IBC2015 in Amsterdam, Stand 7.G12
We have started to roll out some of the services with the new logo. The main website will be updated around IBC.
We wanted to let you know in advance so you can find us at IBC. Don't look for our old logo! We'll be at the same place as last year:
Hall 7 - Stand 7.G12
- General Stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issues with 10.9
- Fixed an issue with Remote sources that would not be available when changing the number of Viewers available
- Fixed recording now do not start when using a Dvc DVCPRO, or DVCPRO HD codec with a 10-bit source (which is not supported)
- Fixed an issue with the Timer for Remote sources
- Remote sources now reconnect after a disconnection
- Fixed a possible crash when mixing 8bit and 10bit sources
- Fixed an issue when duplicating 2 destinations or schedules at the same time
- DV, DVCPRO and DVCPRO HD now correctly refuse to record for a 10bit source as this is not supported. Previously it was making as if it was recording.
- Fixed a possible issue with file being corrupted when a video file had no audio track
- Added a large scrub window when double-clicking on the timeline in playlists
- Improved scrubbing with H.264 that don't use the .mov container
- Fixed an issue when scrubbing on classic file being recorded by MovieRecorder
- Fixed an issue with the "Update Start Time"