Easy integration with other applications
- Trigger GPI outputs from any application that can send AppleScripts
- A GPI input status change can control any AppleScriptable application
- REST API for easy integration in various workflows
- Direct integration with some of our applications (no need to know AppleScripts)
GPICommander is two things: a USB to GPI Converter and a software. You can send or receive GPI triggers using AppleScript, so it can be used with any macOS application. Since version 2.2, there is also a REST API available so you can send and receive GPI triggers very easily.
If needed, an SDK is available if you want to have direct access to it without AppleScript (it also runs on Windows then and it enables you to control the unit by writing C code.)
It has 24 inputs (open-collector type, common ground) and 8 independant relay outputs but since each unit has a unique serial ID, you can chain more than once on the USB bus to have more inputs and/or outputs.
Download our GPICommander application so you can :
- Trigger an AppleScript when any of the 8 input changes status (On to OFF or OFF to ON).
- Use AppleScripts to trigger the 24 outputs of the GPICommander box.
A few of our software have a direct integration with GPICommander (so without having to create AppleScripts). For example:
- With MovieRecorder, you can trigger the recording
- With OnTheAir Video, you can play/pause, skipt to next, etc...
- With Multicam Logger, you can change the selected angles when connected to the GPIout of your production switcher
- GPICommander 2.4
25 June 2019
Once downloaded, unzip the file, and drag and drop the File "GPICommander" in your Applications Folder.
The software is free, but you will need a GPICommander box to be able to use it.
Just download the latest version and replace your previous version.