High-density capture and playout device
- Up to 16 HD channels all-in-one box capture solution
- No transfer time needed (files are readily available)
- Ideal for multicam Live productions
- Multiple ingest and playout channels
- Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, XDCAM, and other codecs
- Multiple codecs & destinations
With the M|Family, you can enjoy all the robustness of Softron ingest and playout applications in a certified hardware and software bundle. We have gathered what we think are the highest quality hardware components in order to ensure the best experience possible. Just connect the M|Family box to your Mac Pro or iMac Pro, using a single Thunderbolt cable and you are ready to go!
There are different models available, depending on what you want to achieve:
- M|1600: 16 inputs (up to 30 fps)
- M|80X: 8 inputs (up to 60 fps)
- M|80: 8 inputs (up to 30 fps)
- M|62X: 6 inputs - 2 outputs (up to 60 fps)
- M|62: 6 inputs - 2 outputs (up to 30 fps)
- M|44X: 4 inputs - 4 outputs (up to 60 fps)
- M|44: 4 inputs - 4 outputs (up to 30 fps)
The M|80 is a hardware and software bundle that includes everything you need:
- One license of MovieRecorder per input, and one license of OnTheAir Video Express per output
- All licenses are provided on a single dongle, so it is easier to work with
- One Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis (model can vary)
- One or two SDI Video card in that expansion chassis (model can vary)
- One Thunderbolt cable
- As many DIN to SDI adapaters as there are connectors
You will just need to connect it in Thunderbolt and the dongle to your Mac and you are good to go. The only thing you'll need to buy is a Mac, because, no the Mac is not included for the price...
As usual, the system requirements will depend on the format and codec that you will be using, and we recommend that you run tests to confirm. You may want to check on the MovieRecorder and OnTheAir Video Express pages for system requirements.
Note also that you may want to check the Thunderbolt bandwidth limitation. Our thunderbolt 2 devices can transfer from the device to the computer (ingest):
- in 8 bit, up to 8 channels of HD (all formats up to 30 fps),
- in 10 bit, up to 8 channels of 1080i50, 1080p25 or all 720p formats, but only 7 channels of 1080i59.94 or 1080p29.97.
While our thunderbolt 3 devices can transfer from the device to the computer (ingest):
- in 8 bit, up to 8 channels of HD (all formats up to 60 fps),
- in 10 bit you will be able to transfer 8 channels of 1080i50, 1080p25 or all 720p formats, but only 7 channels of 1080i59.94 or 1080p29.97.
All our M|Family models are available in Thunderbolt 3, some are also available in Thunderbolt 2 (the older models). Check the System Requirements page to know which model supports Thunderbolt 3 and/or Thunderbolt 2. You can also use a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter if you want, and it can be connected either on the Mac (if you have a TB3 Mac, and want to use a TB2 device), or you can also plug the adapter on the device (if you have a TB2 Mac and want to use a TB3 device). In case you use such an adapter, the speed will be the one of the TB2 of course.
When you place an order, indicate if you want a Thunderbolt 3 model or a Thunderbolt 2 (if available). And if you hesitate, just contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Download the Software you need
To be able to use your M|Family, you will need to download and install the following Softron software on your Mac:
- OnTheAir Video Express
Then depending on your M|Family model, download the appropriate driver:
- Deltacast Drivers
M|1600, M|80X, M|80, M|44 or M|62
- Decklink Drivers
M|62X, M|44X, M|8R
How many Licenses? How many channels ?
The M|Family bundle comes with a dongle that holds all the licenses you need. Just plug the dongle to your computer and you are good to go.
If you purchased an upgrade of one of the OnTheAir Video Express to OnTheAir Video or OnTheAir Node. In that case, you will need to download either one of them instead of OnTheAir Video Express.