What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.8.4?
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.8.3?
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.8.1?
- FIXED: Issue when reloading a schedule and nothing was scheduled to be played.
WARNING: This version requires macOS 10.12 or later.
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.8?
- NEW: Added the ability to "scrub" one frame left or right in the playlist (keyboard shortcut: ctrl + shift + left/right arrow)
- NEW: Added support for new M|Family
- NEW: Support for Stream Deck Mini and XL, with a new editor
- NEW: Added compatibility with the "Afterburner card" of the new Mac Pro
- IMPROVED: Now using NDI SDK 4.1
- IMPROVED: Disconnection/Reconnection of multiple NDI sources
- IMPROVED: When shutting down the computer, we won't show the confirmation "Are you sure you want to stop playback".
- IMPROVED: Updated AJA, Blackmagic-Design, Deltacast and FFMEG versions
- IMPROVED: Clip selection is now kept when changing playlist
- FIXED: Playback of some MPEG and MXF files
- FIXED: Playback of FLAC/MKV files
- FIXED: M|Family: "Reference Source" preference is now properly saved
- FIXED: Compatibility with new Contour Design's ShuttlePro
- FIXED: Compatibility of GPICommander with Catalina
What's new in OnTheAir Video 3.8?
- FIXED: AJA: CC output is now working again
- Video Preview + Audio Vu-Meters
- Automatic Folder-based Playout:
- Automatic Randomization
- Rename clips in playlist
- New schedule editor
- Built-in CG (Dynamic Graphics Overlay Option)
- Secondary Audio Output
- RTMP Streaming input
At IBC 2019, Softron has announced new hardware bundles which have now been divided into the S|Family (software-only) and the M|Family (software + hardware).
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.7.8?
- FIXED: Brought back support for DNxHD (in .mov containers)
- FIXED: Inconsistencies with durations of clip using 23.98 fps
- FIXED: Thumbnails are not reloaded every time the playlist opens
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.7.6?
- NEW: Direct Link is now available for OnTheAir Video Express as well
- FIXED: An issue creating artefacts when outputing in SD with the SMART resize and graphics option enabled
- FIXED: An issue with demo frame when outputing in NDI
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.7.5?
- NEW: Dark mode with macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- FIXED: Some invalid metadata keys could create invalid playlists. These will now be ignored.
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.7.4?
- FIXED: Possible crashes when using Live inputs with Blackmagic-Design devices in NTSC world
- FIXED: AJA: Issues with internal key
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.7.3 ?
- NEW: Open .csv files and map the fields to create a playlist
- IMPROVED: Added support for ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K
- FIXED: AJA: Issue when using reference input
- FIXED: NDI: In DEMO mode, when pausing video, it would flash the demo frame
- FIXED: Duration issue with some mpg files (would show a duration longer than what it actually is)
- FIXED: A/V Desync when playing some mpg files
- FIXED: Issue in macOS 10.11, playlist could seem empty, but they were not
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.7.2?
- NEW: Added support for AJA Io 4K Plus (this required us to upgrade to the latest SDK)
- IMPROVED: Performances with UHD decompression
- IMPROVED: Updated a few libraries and SDK used
- IMPROVED: Added a preference for the behaviour when space bar is pressed (pause or resume playback)
- FIXED: A few issues (mainly cosmetic) with Mojave
- FIXED: The duration of some MXF files (for example the ones created by MovieRecorder 4) is now correct
- FIXED: Selecting the OnTheAir Video input in preview on the ATEM could stop the playback of a clip
- FIXED: Possible crash when using 'Contact Support' on a computer not connected to the web
What's new in OnTheAir Video 3.7.2?
- NEW: Added "AppleScript" preference pane to "preauthorize" OnTheAir Video to control other applications using AppleScripts
- NEW: Added support for CC embedded in MXF XDCAM files
- NEW: Added support for CC embedded in MOV H.264 files
- IMPROVED: Added "CLIP STOP" logs in as-run-logs to improve accuracy of log analyzer
- FIXED: Memory leak with Live inputs using direct link
- FIXED: Error outputting to some Blackmagic-Design devices with files containing CC
- FIXED: CC was not supported on Deltacast devices
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.6.6?
- IMPROVED: Scrubbing in the playlist directly or in the popover window now have the same behaviour (will be blocked when next clip is buffered)
- FIXED: Stream Deck: The skip to previous and next icons are now properly enabled
- FIXED: Playlist: An issue that could happen when files had the "Grey" tag
- FIXED: Detlatacst Cards: The reference input preference is now properly saved
What's new in OnTheAir Video 3.6.6?
- NEW: Added support for CC in MPEG files
- FIXED: Live Input: An issue when the format of a Live input would change (when auto detect was on)
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.6.4?
- NEW: Added support for Stream Deck
- NEW: When modifying the Audio gain, it is also modified when playing the clip in inspector
- NEW: Added a preference to enable/disable the premultiplied output (when ARGB Keying is enabled)
- IMPROVED: NDI output names now use the application name (was previously using the computer's Bonjour name)
- IMPROVED: When a document is in "bakcground", the "already played" cells are a bit darker (easier to read)
- IMPROVED: The naming of some video devices (when using 2 identical cards in one computer it could have been confusing)
- FIXED: Issues with some mp3 file when playback format was set to 59.94p
What's new in OnTheAir Video 3.6.4 only?
- NEW: Added support for Closed Captioning CEA-608 with SD files (paid option required)
- FIXED: Issues with playlist absolute start time when automatic start time was enabled
On January 1st, 2018, we will stop selling upgrades from our "old" playback applications to the latest and greatest versions.
Versions impacted by the change:
- OnTheAir CG 1.x
- OnTheAir Node 1.x
- OnTheAir Video Express 1.x
- OnTheAir Video 1.x
- OnTheAir Video 2.x
If you still own one of the licenses above and did not upgrade yet, it is the best time to do it. After January 1st, 2018, you will have to purchase a full license if you want to upgrade.
So don't wait any longer. Our latest playout applications (now all in version 3) offer great new features and improvments.
Contact us if you want more info on the upgrade.
What's new in OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Video Express 3.6.2?
- NEW: Added the ability to play H.265 (HEVC) files with hardware acceleration. Requires macOS 10.13 or later and a Mac using a 6th generation core intel processor or later
- IMPROVED: Added new preferences when controlling the playback with ATEM Production Switchers
- IMPROVED: When using the "Contact Support" feature, there is not anymore that 7MB limit for logs
- FIXED: UI issues with macOS 10.13
! WARNINGS: Version 3.6.2 now requires:
- macOS 10.10 or later.
- Blackmagic-Design drivers 10.9.5 and later
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
This is a minor release, but with a major change: it now comes with an installer. Because of Gatekeeper we had to provide an installer.
There are now only 2 different downloads (instead of 3): a single and a multi. The "Single" installer is for one channel only. The "Multi" installer is for 2 to 8 playout channels on the same Mac. During the installation process you will be able to choose the number of channels that you want to install.
BE AWARE that the multi version will install in a folder named "OnTheAir Video", so you will have to delete the previous versions that were in folder named "DUAL" or "QUAD". Make sure you also remove them from the dock so you actually start with the new version.
A few good news: You can now install up to 8 channels of playout. If you install OnTheAir Video, there are optional AppleScript Samples that you can install. Installing Actions and OnTheAir Tools is also optional so you can really fine tune what you want to install.
What's new with OnTheAir Video Express and OnTheAir Video 3.5.4?
- FIXED: issue with the ATEM control that did not work anymore.
- FIXED: issue when multiple devices using the same name were connected. (For example multiple UltraStudio 4K, or multiple AJA Io 4K)
- FIXED: crash when playing wav files
- FIXED: audio issues in 1080i29.97 when using the SMART engine with AJA devices
- FIXED: issue when a clip was offline and then became online. You could not drag and drop it.
- NEW: Support for NDI output
- NEW: Support for control from Tricaster (when selecting the OTAV input in your Tricaster, playback will start automatically in OnTheAir Video)
- FIXED: Issue when splitting the same clip multiple times in a row
- FIXED: Issue with the "K" button to enable/disable keying