OnTheAir Video 4 is now available for everyone to download as a pre-release version. It is probably one of our biggest releases ever with a host of new features to enhance both the user experience and the performance. As an example, we are adding CG projets directly into OnTheAir Video through the “Dynamic Graphics Overlay” option.
Our development team probably got too excited about this release and decided to add even more exciting new features like a powerful HTTP/REST API, new playback behaviours and many other things. This is why our release date has slipped "a bit". But, every new license purchased includes a free upgrade to version 4, and there are already TV channels that are using the pre-release version for their production and broadcast, so if you need the best playout software you can already order it now. You won’t need to purchase anything when the final version is released, and, as always, you will enjoy our free support and update.
There are many new features with OnTheAir Video 4. Too many to be listed all here. The best is that you download and try it out, but here are a few that we wanted to highlight:
- Dynamic graphics overlay: OnTheAir Video now comes with a built-in Character Generator. Add animated logos, tickers, lower third very easily in your playlist.
- Transitions: Use either built-in transitions such as cross-fades, or custom transitions (made with your own movies with an Alpha Channel) to add more dynamics to your playout
- On screen video and audio preview. Preview directly on your computer screen what you are playing out.
- Secondary Audio Output: Additionally to the video output on the selected video device, you can now also output to another available audio output on your Mac. Works with CoreAudio, so supports the audio devices that are available for macOS (including Dante or MADI).
- Streaming input: Supports RTMP video input to play a web stream easily. Just add a "stream clip" to your playlist, enter the RTMP url and start playing it back.
- Improved for 24/7 playout stations: We have improved the built-in scheduler of OnTheAir Video for easy broadcast scheduling. But we also have added features to be used by major broadcasters, such as a new integration with Wide Orbit Traffic software for advanced master control operation. OnTheAir Video can now be used as a playout automation solution with features that were until now available only with expensive solutions.
- Improved for Live shows: With audio countdown announcements, get a voice telling you automatically when the remaining time is 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2. No need to have someone look at the remaining time.
- And many more improvements: such as Automatic Folder-based Playlist, shuffle playback, Comments, new REST API to control OnTheAir Video remotely, simply from a web page, etc...